Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Final Countdown to the MBA!

Hi!

It has been more than 2 weeks since I came back to Singapore, and a week since classes have started for my last semester here at the NUS MBA program. The beginning to semesters, as always, has been a whirlwind of activity. But unlike other time, when one looks at short term goals, this time I have also been thinking of the fact that this will be my last few months at school, living on the campus and roaming around in tees and floaters.

Something more substantive is the question of the balance of learning. Doing the MBA was quite an obvious choice for me, although I also just wanted to get an opportunity to be a student again. After the humdrum of a routine work life, at times one just wants to get back to a phase of focused learning and value addition, or atleast a phase where these are central objectives.

At this moment, I look forward to the semester ahead as a challenging time, since there is a need to work on getting jobs (and not just for myself), and the desire to meet and relax with people, and do things that will remain etched in my mind. Many of these things do not occur by design, but as any organization theory class would tell you, the structure goes hand-in-hand with strategy. There needs be an organized chaos, just like in Nature.

All things considered, student life can definitely be a high-growth time for any individual, but the fun and frolic part of it is something that makes it wonderfully attractive. Wonder if some of it cannot be taken on to the workplace. I do hope there are organizations out there which encourage a fun & relaxed environment to work in, and to them, I can only say - I am looking for you :) If wishes were horses . . .

So much for now - Back to working day at the MBA!

Cheers,
satish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home