Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Monday to Friday!

Hi there,

Think it is something that a whole lot of us share in common. Going from Monday to friday, waiting for the weekend, and lo behold, before you know - it runs past you to get you into another working week. And then you start on Monday, thinking the week would be so long, but the five days pass you by, and probably Friday afternoon you realise that there is not much that has happened in 5 days.

Hmm. .. to me, life seems to be making progress through these small steps called weeks, further broken down to days. So when you try to look at the big picture, one wonders what he could do to make one week different from another. Often times, each day seems the same, and so you try to make it different. Either by calling up that old friend, or mailing him/her - or trying to read a little more of a good book lying in your room, or as it is sometimes for me, trying to cook something different or taking a breather for regrouping myself under the blue sky and stars.

But during the week my thoughts keep returning to work, since I pretty much beleive its integrated into my life more than anything else. And I do wonder about how satisfying my work has been, more so for myself than anyone else. A part of that satisfaction is also the value it generates. And the only applicable parameter of measuring that seems to be the integrity and depth of your own effort. THe thought that goes into that effort, and if you have given it your best as against just doing it because it needs to get done. Capability and knowledge help to leverage on good effort, no doubt, but I think my belief in human effort surpasses most other talents of the human mind. As long as people make a genuine effort to think and act, you tend to appreciate their involvement. I think this thought continues from my last blog, and just reiterates the point.

Thats enough for a Tuesday morning. Just wanted to also send out a thought for all those friends of mine, who are getting along with their own setups of life. Here is wishing each of them a wonderful holiday season and a new year coming. If you are reading this, do drop me a line and I will surely respond earnestly.

Cheers,
Satish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home