Thursday, December 01, 2005

Where to lunch?

Hi there,

Am in the middle of the mass internal mail chat, the objective of which is to decide where to go for lunch. Its quite interesting how a group of relatively intelligent people get stuck in deciding where to go for lunch. And dont tell me it has not happened to you. The idea simply is that its something we dont mind being civil about and hence letting another person decide. Nevertheless, you have few individuals coming up with a craving for something, or suddenly someone just decides to go to same old place since its comfortable and known. One such place for me and my colleagues is China Square. I guess and hope we are not going there today :)

Anyway, have just finished 6 months at my current firm, and it definitely seems longer than that. And yet time seems to have flown past. Have lived 6 months more of my life, doing a job that sounds better than it is. Well, thinking about it a little more, the work ispretty cyclical - so you have times when you feel great about it and at other times, you wonder if you were born to do this.

But this experience also has reiterated my belief that the people and co-workers contribute a lot to your feeling good about the workplace. And its not them as individuals, but together as a group. And hence the group chemistry takes precedence over individual comfort factors. Well, just know that all this is never existent by itself and so every single one of us, has to try to make it happen.

By this time I think everyone has got hungry, so we are gonna leave and take a vote in the lobby. So lets hope the vegetarian me gets some consideration :)

cheers,
satish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home