Tuesday, July 05, 2005

In three words. . . Life goes on!

Hi,

Wonder if simplicity is truly the most beautiful of virtues and sentiments. The quote from Frost just seems so daringly beautiful, that it seems scary to just admit that its blatantly bare. Life goes on, and it always will - but is it really the best thing or somethign you want, well - it will differ from the situation you are in and perspective you adopt.

Contrary to what most of us might tend to think, the quote is a powerfully positive and strengthening statement. It lends credence to the concept of living, and packs a punch for the fighting spirit of the human mind. So regardless of what happens to us, we can still believe that living will still be possible. And with living, come the innumerable possibilities for man. Possibilities of beautiful experiences, exciting learning, overcoming challenges and lazy afternoons.

Coming to simple daily life, my life seems fairly decent now. It is comfortable in so much that I have both, the luxury of choice and time. But as is ironically true, I am beginning to dislike the comfort. Want to be challenged and made uncomfortable. I need to tell myself that craving for that which is not yet grasped, is the next hill. But the hills are always there, what bothers me is if the hill I choose to climb is the one I want to. Is this my hill? Will it take me to the pinnacle from where I will see the next peak to conquer.

Guess there is only one way to find out! Parallel lives are not an option, and hopefully, will never be an option. Our lives are like rivers, they just follow one direction and never turn back. So here is a tribute to that direction in life!

Another stone left turned, another day lived past,
What is life but a cast,
it feels slow, yet goes by fast,
hoping to find peace at last.

Cheers,
Satish

1 Comments:

Blogger Virag J. Thakkar said...

Hi Satish,

Let me add my thoughts as i dont have a blog.
Give us Lord, a bit o' sun,
A bit o' work and a bit o' fun;
Give us all in the struggle and sputter,
Our daily bread and a bit o' butter.

Yours Truly,

Virag

P.S. $%#@ Atleast you should have called me once when you were in India

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home