Thursday, June 23, 2005

Metaphorical Existence

Hej (Hi in Danish),

Metaphors seem so numbly comfortable. Every decision process we undertake, or get induced to undertake, there comes a point when we just like to change the variables with those from some situation we have experienced in the past. A quote from Oscar Wilde goes " Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes". But I digress! I was saying that metaphors make so much of our decision making convenient and enable rational comprehension for us to resolve actionable solutions.

An example is how much I use the little education I have recieved back into relationships and daily life situations. Even exciting but loss-making happenings such as a burglary. Some happy but nervous minds made away with a good amount of hard earned gold and jewellery of my family from my house in India a couple of nights ago. The risk/return analysis of the situation indicated substantial loss, but if you take into account the risk of physical injury and such - then you think it was pretty alright. I just started to think about the time I will need to recover the lost(rather stolen) possessions. But the dent it leaves in the psyche is something I doubt I can do aything about. The metaphor I could think of was gambling. So it makes things look far better, because there were things beyond our control.

Metaphors are an extension of imagination. In that sense, I think many of us are creative minds. All of us have some metaphors that we keep using or atleast try to more than half of the times. I really wish my imagination ran free of my current environment, but I acknowledge my limitation at creativity. SOund modest enough right!

The second part of the title for this blog reiterates that I continue my existence on the planet. I say existence because I doubt if I am adding value on it. Maybe from another person's perspective, I could be, but the point is that I am striving to do that on my own parameters. I know those parameters, the quest is to find the methods and means.

Since I promised myself to keep my blogs short, I will cut this one here. But hope the day has some new metaphors for me to discover. Perhaps someone will share theirs with me :)

Life is Beautiful! (if you havent seen the movie, see it today)

cheers,
satish

P.S.: Apologies for the endless grammar and spelling errors in the last blog. Trying to learn from experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home