Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Searching for that thing. . they call it motivation!

Namaste,

Motivation is the driver of effort. Continuing with my chain of thoughts over the last 2-3 weeks, I think that effort, being the distinguisher of men, can be analysed on one more dimension. The dimension that drives the effort itself, the concept of motivation. Motivation is an awesome force, it makes you produce a fantastic effort, at times surpassing your own expectations.

Dont want to analyse the term and concept so much, but rather want to communicate the constant search for motivation that seems ingrained in me. Over the years, I have accumulated multiple perspectives of life and the approaches people take to achieve what they want. For many of us, even deciding what we want seems to be a question unanswered. Yes, we want the similar objectives of wealth, health and prosperity. But where do we see ourselves in 20 years - professionally, personally, individually. What can be different about our vision of ourselves, that can drive some motivation in us to make that extra effort, rather make that unique effort for that unique vision of success in life.

I have always believed that motivation is an attitude, it applies to all aspects of life. More for some, less for others. For the many of us, its easier to think of motivation in terms of our careers, or our hobbies. BUt isnt there motivation in making and maintaining relationships, in setting up a house (and a home), in living life in a house, in being with your companion and friends, in doing all the random the things that give you pleasure. It takes motivation to excel and enjoy in any of these, but is there a sum of all these parts that can be knownm understood, sustained and grown. I dont have an answer to the question, but maybe be thats the determination I need. To find the answer to the big picutre, to know the sum of all parts. Dont know if the answer will be satisfactory, but the hope in the search for it, there are different perspectives that I learn - and one of them might just define my life.

Hmm. .. or can I upfront define that one thing I want to do, and then everythign else can surround that. That seems equally plausible, and to a great extent, more proactive. The only hitch being how do you I decide on the one thing I can devote my life to! Hmm. . its an interesting thought. Will call it a blog with that.

Do you have that one thing in your life? If you know it, I suggest you start thinking about doing everything you can about it.

Cheers,
Satish

1 Comments:

Blogger Virag J. Thakkar said...

hmm......i think in life there cannot be 1 single motivating factor as in your thoughts....if i am wrong...what will happen once its achieved?

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home