Thursday, June 16, 2005

Knowing thy self!

Hi,

Was amazed today as a good friend brought it up on me in a random chat today the fact that I think I know myself and what I want. Now that is a long complication of thought of perspective on the wants of an flagrant mind. The mind is so effusive and ephemeral, that one couldnt want to possibly believe it continually believed something and yet as rational thought would argue - the human mind is the most brilliant and consistent performer among all things living or otherwise.

Anyways, I wanted to talk about this entire conscience thing about knowing oneself. And further, knowing what one wants. As such, it is probaly simple enough. You know there are things which make you happy and others which make you sad or whatever sentiment you prefer to live in (saw Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy - my favourite character was the depressed Robot).

Hmm. . back to the topic, the problem to the simplicity of knowing what one wants is that we know what we want at a given point in time. This is because our mind relays a sense of things at a given point in time. BUt the problem is that we are constantly changing as individuals. You dont always learn from the first time you make a mistake. Some of us learn the 2nd time, some after the 10th time and some never learn. The point is with every passing minute we are changing as individuals, and with out "eat-the-evil-apple" attitude, we want to try new things. So then, what we want becomes a function of what we think will look good on us. And since that is only an imagination - the want itself becomes an illusion. I think this is all just a play of words. I would admit myself most times, just that I really think its not possible to know all that you want.

If you knew all that you want, you would really become a boring person. because you would never be open to anything. You would always just go so far as getting what you wanted.


Hmm. . i managed to not tell the context in which the conversation started. The original conversation was about this one statement - "Women want to be WANTED and Men want to be NEEDED" Intersting statement, and before you start agreeing or disagreeing with it - just for a moment leave it alone, and think what you really want from a relationship - to be wanted or to be needed. There is a significant in the imports of both words and hence the thought exercise. The exercise gave me some other good pointers and raced me through my relationship experiences. Made me realise I would like to be wanted mroe than be needed, although being the nice guy that I am - I always make sure I am capable of being useful in someone's need. So much for modesty!!!

hmm. . this has been a tongue twister and I hope it has not been so much of a mind twister. But atleast it has brought me back to blogging. Just felt shy for sometime - something I have never admitted to but I guess, in somethings, I am.

I am 25 and am still learning about life. Love that about it!

cheers,
satish

1 Comments:

Blogger maverick said...

hmmm...quite a heavy dose...my 2 cents to it is first of all i'm not even close to 25% of knowing myself...its gettin better but too many shades of grey...guess am too complex! secondly not sure if i want to be needed or need to be wanted...my ideal relationship is where i wud love to give without thinkin of how much i'm gettin bk (coz i wud be gettin bk for sure...i cudnt be bothered abt measurin how much!)...time spent thinkin wud be time lost eh?

cheers

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home