Friday, September 08, 2006

Between the last big thing and next big thing in life

Hi,This has been a truly long hiatus, and the primary motivation of writing in today is just to get rid of the inertia. Well, its going to be almost 5 months since I last wrote and thats a big chunk of one's life.Well, apart from the primary excuse of being busy with my wedding, I think the biggest reason for not logging in should be my lethargy and laziness. Wonder sometimes on what makes us rational individuals tick, and be at something for no tangible benefits. Think I have resolved to myself that the benefit of blogging to me, is just a constructive expression of my thoughts - including the many contradictions, arguments and questions.Have many things to share about the last 5 months, some of those I feel are more private now than before. So thats already one big difference. But I think in terms of attitudinal differences, a major one is that of the anticipation of the next big thing in life. I dont know about all of you, but I have always perceived daily life as the progression between events that provide discontinuity. A bit like the theory of disruptive technologies - because these events change the course of our lives. It seems to me that our anticipation of the change is often times greater than the change itself. I still think that the anticipation of change is the hope that all of us live with each day.Going back to the next big thing in my life, I really dont know what it is going to be. There are a few dimensions in which it could happen - in terms of work, personal life, the place I live or the things or beliefs I choose to pursue. I guess the most important measure of knowing the big change of course is the passion and enthusiasm it may induce. I admire people who are passionate about something. I admire my mother who is so passionate about living righteously and being productive 24 hours of the day, a few friends who are passionate either about their familires or their work and the majority of successful business, sports and entertainment personalities - for the fun they seem to have at work. So the next big thing in my life would certainly have to make me enthusiastic and excited. Put it another way, I am looking for making things exciting by pursuing something that I can be challenged with and have fun in accomplishing.I guess this is already a heavy restart into blogging. So I will keep it to this much for now. But with a resolve to write more often - and the hope to be more coherent.Hope life is good to all of you.Tschuss!Satish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home